Pages

02 February, 2013

frugal finds.


I enjoyed a great girls day with Elly and my Mom checking out a few thrift stores.  We live in the middle of no where - Wal-Mart is a 45 minute drive and a big box craft store is probably three hours away.  There are a few local bead shops and a quilt store but there's nothing like the treasure hunt of thrift stores!  I love the bargains I can find - I feel less guilty experimenting because sometimes things don't come out as I imagine!

I scored big time!  Two pairs of jeans for $2 each so even if they don't fit I can chop them up for a project, a shirt facing the same fate, a ton of fabric for $0.50 a yard, lace, bias tape, buttons, embroidery thread and two pillow inserts all for less than $25 dollars.  Yea!  My creative juices are flowing and I'm thinking about a few things for baby girls birthday in May.  I can't wait to share what I come up with you.  

XOXO,
Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment