Pages

21 February, 2011

good, bad and ugly.

It was a day of mixed results.  The good, the bad and the ugly. 

The good - a calf we were lucky enough to save by my being in the right place at the right time.  Poor thing was born with its birth sack stuck on his head.  He almost suffocated but we caught it and watched him playfully running around today in the sunshine. 

The bad - we lost a calf today, it sadly wasn't the first for the year but was the first that I worked with.  I really thought he had improved only to find him gone just a few hours later.  Sad. 

The ugly - while working on a heifer who got stuck in a feeder due to her horns Dad and I ended up in a tight spot that required me to dive through the feeder without consideration of the poo and other fresh items I was to land in.  All I can say is thank goodness I wasn't in the barn corrals which are super duper muddy - a muck I can't even begin to describe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment