Pages

18 May, 2013

after the ants.


Man.  Do we have an ant problem in our yard?!  They are everywhere.  I can't hang laundry on the line without them crawling up my leg.  It's irritating and I want my baby girl to enjoy the yard and I'm terrified they'll try to carry her off.  There's probably enough of them to do it!

We battled them last summer and the summer before.  Hopefully this is the year we win.  I'm determined.  I'm on a mission.  Chemical free and ant free.  Surely there is solution.

Round one.  Diatomaceous earth.  Eh.  Not the results I was hoping for.  I mean, it killed plenty of ants but it only takes care of ants that come into physical contact with it.  So the darn ant hills are still thriving.

Round two approaching.  Boric acid and jelly in mason jars.  The little ants will take it home to their queen and die from within.  I hope.

I don't really like killing things.  I mean, I pull drowning mice out of ditches while I irrigate.  But ants - well, they just need to die already!

No comments:

Post a Comment