Pages

22 March, 2013

front room in progress: decisions.

We finally received delivery of our new love seat - I am one happy camper!  We hadn't bought much furniture, aside from beds for the house because I couldn't decide where our decor was going.  In the past I had gone down a path that was nice and finally 'came together' in the end but I didn't always love it and often felt limited.  After the fire I was determined that the pieces we purchased would be more thought out by my wiser and older self!  Which really just lead to procrastination and self doubt!  Which left our main living room looking like this - sad, right?!


We have a true living room with some hand-me-down sofas but it is SO cold in that room that with Elly we spend little time in there.  It is so nice to now have more than one seat in the most used space of the house!  


I love how I've been able to incorporate the use of the old door knobs and stolen scavenged artwork from my parents place.  I need to paint the vintage lamp my Gaba bought long ago with green stamps.  I think the room is finally coming together - other than the overflowing toy box I'm attempting to hide under the end table :)  

I knew I wanted to use my shabby chic pillow, see my guest post on Welcome to the Mouse for the tutorial, and my new sweater pillow (shown here) along with a blanket I picked up in Mexico a long time ago but I can't decide on an accent color for the pillows.  


I took a few pictures of fabric scraps in colors I've been mentally playing with in hopes it would help me decide.  Nothing is a clear winner for me.  Although I can easily rule out the yellow which was oddly my front runner before.  Dave will likely vote for the light blue in the first picture or the green.  Dave has suddenly decided he wants a new chair and an ottoman for the love seat so maybe I'd be wise to wait on those decisions before making pillows?  See, I can justify waiting pretty logically.  Terrible!  







Which direction would you go?  Thoughts and comments are always appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. I love that turquoise/blue color. Second place is the pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kelly, the turquoise/blue is my favorite. My second pick would be the green though.

    ReplyDelete