Pages

26 April, 2013

practice cake.


I can't believe that Elly's first birthday is just a week away!  I simply can't believe it!  I decided I need to practice making another cake in light of the disaster I had at Easter (see here).  Luckily it went much better but I still have some room to improve.  

Biggest lesson - my pans are way too shallow!  The main reason I had the boiling over the edges issue on Easter was simple - too much batter for the pans.  Duh!

Now the big decision - vanilla or chocolate?!  I was planning vanilla just for clean up purposes but Grandpa is making a big campaign for chocolate.  He's almost convinced me that's what Elly prefers, almost :)


1 comment:

  1. Why not do a layer of each? Chocolate frosting, though, definitely- it's better for the pictures ;)

    ReplyDelete