Pages

14 December, 2010

home, home on the ranch.

Home, home on the ranch,
Where the deer and the Lexi's will play,
Where seldom is heard a discouraging word
And the skies are not cloudy all day.

Where the air is so pure... every time I step out the door I have the need to take a deep breath.  It might be bitterly cold but holy smokes, I feel like I have not been breathing for over 10 years.  I'm high on life, can't you tell? 

Oh deer.  When we drove down the dirt lane with our moving truck there was a majestic deer crossing the river.  It literally stopped me in my tracks.  The second morning I woke up to a deer staring at me.  She tilted her head back and forth while rudely staring at me only 5 feet from my window.  Ruby has also developed a deep affection for the skunk family living under a settler's cabin near the house.  Let's hope she never gets to first base with this love. 

Last Monday I bundled up to watch the thousands of shooting stars the news promised me.  Shooting stars or not I was enthralled with the view.  Who knew there were so many stars up there?  Hopefully the shooting stars were there for someone else to wish on; my wish had already come true.  I can't be too greedy!
 
How often at night when the heavens are bright
With the light from the glittering stars
Have I stood here amazed and asked as I gazed
If their glory exceeds that of ours.