Pages

24 May, 2013

henna experiment.

Despite my attempts I haven't been able to find a hairstylist here.  Perhaps because I love my Deedee in Denver so but it leaves me going too long between cuts.  I finally caved and got a trim back in January from a local gal and it was awful.  I felt like I was having a teenager cut my hair - she kept text messaging and checking her phone during the process.  Ugh.  It made me feel old and cranky.  I love the cuts I get from Deedee but more importantly the experience.    

Anyhow, because of this I've taken things into my own hands a few times.  I cut some bangs for myself just to try something new.  They are alright but wasn't the change I was craving.  So I decided maybe I should color it.  Just for fun.  I always wanted to try red but I didn't want anything that was full of chemicals so I stumbled upon reviews for Henna online.  Decided I couldn't do too much damage and went for it.  

Ta-da... the process was relatively easy but certainly a little on the messy side doing it myself.  Might be better with a girlfriend and a bottle of wine :)

Before... notice the white streak at my forehead and grown out highlights.


And now I'm waiting and wondering what I've done!

Will now need to find a new favorite sweater.  Too matchy matchy.  

Overall I'm happy with the outcome. The spots where I had my highlights are a little more 'orange' than red which is a bummer but it's none the less a fun change.  



1 comment:

  1. Cute! I cant believe the girl was texting while she was doing your hair! They don't even do that to me at great clips!

    ReplyDelete