Pages

22 June, 2013


When we moved into our current house the yard was all but dead.  We watered it a lot the first summer we were here and then last summer while we were gone with Elly it became neglected again.  This summer Dave has been deligent with watering it which has been difficult due to the dry weather and wind but it looks great.  

There are a few sad spots here and there.  One just happens to be in the corner so I decided rather than struggle to get grass growing I might as while transplant some lilacs from the sprouts that are ever present in the back yard.  And I love me some lilacs.  Even only they would bloom all year.  

I took out the shovel and want to work on a large clump.  And dug, and dug and dug.  I finally gave up and just transplanted smaller sprouts instead.  The large clump was too much work and I was hot.  I got enough for my transplant and a few extra for my friend Sue.  Here's hoping they survive.  If it does I may plant a row along the fence.  Our bedroom window faces the neighbors drive.  Now they would really have to be looking but lovely lilacs seem like a good idea.  For them and me.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment