Pages

13 May, 2011

it burns.

Man.  How quickly life can throw you for a loop.  This morning we were awoken by a phone call as we were out of town.  That early in the morning one can't help but jump to worry and while I had jumped to the wrong conclusion I was right to worry before answering that call. 

This afternoon as we stood over the ashes of our beautiful cabin and new home I could care less about the material possessions that I had so carefully collected over the past ten years for our perfect home.  All I wanted to see was two little kitty cat heads pop out of the ruins and prove that the impossible had happened, that our dear and sweet Freddi and Sasha had survived.  Like any good parent, I will brag that we had raised the most precious, best looking, smartest and coolest cats around - and yes, I say this with a straight face and teary eyes.  Above is a picture of the pair last summer in Denver, sadly I've lost the likely hundreds of photos of my babies in our fire.
The burning feeling in my stomach tonight isn't from the overwhelming process of starting a household again but of grief over the lose of our babies.  Freddi and Sasha were my babies and always will be. 

"Love is a burning thing, and it makes a fiery ring...
and it burns, burns, burns the ring of fire, the ring of fire..."

Dave and I greatly appreciate all the prayers and well wishes of our friends and family, and are overwhelmed by those who we don't have the pleasure of knowing who have offered anything they can to help us in the healing process.  Thank you all. 

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about the house, but the babies are the biggest loss. I have kitties(ask Micheal) and I can feel your grief. They are both beautiful babies. We learned after Hurricane Katrina that it is just stuff, its family(furr babies included), and friends that are the most important. Prayers to everyone.

    ReplyDelete