Pages

22 December, 2010

cabin fever.

We've been here for over four weeks... it seems crazy that it's been that long.  I've yet to start working on the ranch and have been focusing my efforts on the house.  We are painfully close to being finished!  During the process I've painted three rooms, installed new flooring in the upstairs and kitchen... and will be finishing up this phase of remodeling with bathroom tile and painting the kitchen cabinets.  After the last fixer-upper house I'm pretty sure I swore I'd never do it again... yet here I am!  I've managed to only give myself three rather large and painful bumps on my head, smash a few fingers and get cherry stain fingerprints all over one of my newly painted rooms.  Our friend Ryan has been helping and ensured me today that if the ranching doesn't work out I may have a future in construction! 

We went to a Winter Solstice party last night at a new friends house.  When we jumped in the car I was astounded by the fact that I hadn't been in the car for a week!  Wow, that's officially a lot of time at the house!  Our daily relief is to take a walk and often we end up by the river, in this post is a picture of Dave enjoying a quiet moment along the Rio Grande river.  While these fresh aired moments are lovely together I'm pretty certain Dave is ready for me to start my real job and get out of his hair for at least a few hours during the day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment