Pages

02 February, 2011

sweet shadow.


For the longest time after we moved Dave was certain he kept seeing a skunk near our house and whenever he went to investigate Ruby would race around on the trail of something.  After many evenings of peering out the window to see a shadow slink by we were able to determine it was actually a cat.  Whew - no close skunks!  There are a lot of feral cats in the area but we've of course adopted this one as 'ours'; I'm pretty scared that Dave will be adopting every cat that comes this direction! 

I thought we should name it Pepe Le Pew but Dave's suggestion of Shadow seems to have won.  I braved the cold yesterday to create a cozy spot for Shadow in one of the cabins because of the frigid night we were expecting.  She is a sweet kitty and must have been a pet at some point because she is quiet friendly.  I guess we'll see this spring if we are treated to kittens, something I would secretly love!

"I am ze locksmith of love, no?" Pepe Le Pew from The Scenti-imental Reasons

No comments:

Post a Comment