Pages

04 February, 2011

tagging.

We tagged and gave a shot to the awaiting mama cows this morning. I gave my first round of shots all by myself, with only a few conflicting pointers from my cohorts!  In the process I officially stuck my hand in cow poop for the first time - it was entirely covered!  

They are so pregnant yet still feisty as all get out.  One of them literally jumped over a gate and bent it in half during the process because she simply didn't want to go through the cattle chute.  There are now 3 little calves who are with us - they are so precious at this age.  Awkward, clean and so sweet natured. 

Above is a picture of Dad finishing up on the new ear tags last night along with all his other must-haves, a telephone, a leatherman and a fresh cup of coffee! 

No comments:

Post a Comment